November 4th, 2017, Abu Dhabi (UAE): Delegates attending the International Conference of Sports for Women (ICSW), taking place at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) from 6-7 November, will have their experience of the ground-breaking conference greatly enhanced thanks to a new mobile App that has been launched by the conference organisers, the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy (FBMA).
The FBMA Mobile App is rich with features and has been developed in order to make each ICSW delegate’s experience easier, more enjoyable and interactive. The App is part of FBMA’s commitment to continually improve the world-class conference, which has a singular and clear agenda at its heart – to inspire future generations of sportswomen by focusing attention on key topics that play a pivotal role in increasing female participation in sports.
Delegates will be able to download the App for free from the iTunes App Store or via the Google Play Store from 4 November. In order to access the full App content, you must first register for the conference free of charge via the website www.fbma.ae/icsw, after which you will receive a unique QR code by email which can be scanned through the App to activate its content and features.
The full list of App features includes:
- Event Schedule: An interactive version of the entire conference – from schedules to speakers and presentations – in the palm of your hands, available at all times, online and offline
- My Itinerary: Customise your ICSW experience by creating your own personal schedule from the Event Schedule
- Live Feed: Never miss a thing with highlights of the most important news and activities throughout the event
- Speaker Information: The mobile App will offer ICSW delegates the chance to learn about the speakers before the Conference
- Sponsors: Learn about ICSW sponsors and access exclusive information during the Conference
- Knowledge Hub: No wasted paper, no perpetual shuffling to find information or insight – the knowledge hub holds every single document related to ICSW, making it easy to find what you need, while helping the environment
- Maps: From getting to the event, to getting to a specific room within the venue, the maps feature will ensue that delegates arrive on time with ease
- Messaging: Up your networking game and make more meaningful connections using the App’s messaging feature that allows you to reach out to other delegates
- Voting & Polls: The App will bring engagement to selected workshops and panels with live voting features. As speakers present, delegates will be able to ask questions with results shown on the stage and in the Main Auditorium, in real-time
“This exciting new piece of technology is going to transform the way our delegates experience ICSW,” said Dr. Omniyat Al Hajri, Board Member of the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy.
“This is the fourth edition of our ground-breaking conference and each edition sees changes and improvements. The purpose of the event is to highlight opportunities and inspire future generations, and it is therefore wholly appropriate that we move with the times and offer our delegates innovative and exciting new ways to engage with the speakers and the conference content.”
A host of stellar names and sporting icons are set to appear at this year’s ICSW. The complete line-up includes three Olympic medallists, the winner of 10 Special Olympics medals, the founder of the internationally acclaimed Beirut Marathon, the Head of Global Sponsorship Marketing at top-tier FIFA partner and Worldwide IOC sponsor – VISA, the youngest Arab to have conquered Mount Everest, the oldest record holder in international triathlon history, and a 14-time Muay Thai World Champion.
Demand for registrations, which are free of charge, has been high, with the impressive calibre of speakers and panellists attracting a rich variety of delegates from across the GCC and beyond. The conference, which aims to advance the global conversation on women’s sports by providing thought-leadership from some of the most experienced industry figures and sporting icons in the world, will feature an opening welcome speech, two headline speakers, and five facilitated panels. Furthermore, a series of seven interactive workshops will explore award-winning case studies and seminars from some of the sports industry’s most acclaimed leaders.
ICSW 2017 takes place from 6-7 November at ADNEC. Registrations are free of charge and open now at www.fbma.ae/icsw.
Follow the ICSW on social media:
#ICSW2017 #Inspiring Generations
Follow the FBMA on social media:
YouTube: FBMA LSA
Now in its fourth edition, the International Conference of Sports for Women (ICSW) is an initiative of the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy (FBMA) – a milestone event and internationally recognized platform to promote and support FBMA’s vision for sports to become a part of the daily life of all Emirati women.
The conference takes place at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) from 6-7 November. Registrations are now open and free to all members of the public, but spaces are limited. Anyone eager not to miss out on a place can register now. The format for the 2017 conference will include two headline speakers, five panel discussions, a dedicated academic segment and seven workshop sessions. Full event schedule is available on the event website.
About the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy
The Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy (FBMA) is a not-for-profit Government entity of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Established in October 2010, the Academy is headed by its Chairwoman, H.H. Sheikha Fatima Bint Hazaa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and is dedicated to promoting and facilitating women’s sports in the UAE. The FBMA strives to make sports an element of daily life for UAE national women of all age, background, and physical condition; to encourage Emirati women to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle, and to further instil the values of sport in the public consciousness of the UAE. The FBMA serves this significant mission by hosting a number of local, regional and international sports events; facilitating community activities; managing and developing local talent and through its education and research work.