June 4th, 2018, Brisbane (Australia): A shared initiative with over 100 business, government, academic and community organisations working together to accelerate action on digital inclusion, Australian Digital Inclusion Alliance (ADIA), has organized groundbreaking meetups in partnership with the Broadband for the Bush Forum VII.
The centerpiece of the event, which takes place on June 7th, 2018, across different locations in Australia including Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra at 5.50 PM (AEST) will be a nationally streamed panel discussion on Influencing to accelerate action on digital inclusion – what, why, how. The program will provide practical strategies and tips to inspire action on digital inclusion.
According to statistics, about three million people are not online in Australia. The Australian Digital Inclusion Index indicates that while digital inclusion is increasing across Australia, gaps continue to exist between the digitally included and excluded – linked closely to social exclusion and disadvantage.
“It’s too often that people have to travel to be part of these kind of national events. We want to be as inclusive as possible so that people have the option to join online from the comfort of their own office or head to a local meetup if they want to connect with others. We ultimately want to facilitate more action on digital inclusion.” says John Huigen, ADIA Alliance Facilitator.
“Digital technology plays a central and empowering role in our lives. With services increasingly being delivered online, it is more important than ever that no one gets left behind.”
- Clare O’Reilly, Executive General Manager Mobiles, Transmission and Consumer Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Greg Ogle, Senior Policy & Research Analyst, SACOSS
- Sylvia Spaseski, Assistant Secretary Consumer Broadband Services, Department of Communications and the Arts
Date & Time
Thursday 7 June 2018, 2.50 – 3.05pm AEST (Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra time)
Online or at local meetups all over the country (see Eventbrite page for list)
Find out about the work of the Alliance and hear a facilitated discussion focussed on influencing people to accelerate action on digital inclusion- what, why and how? There will be an opportunity to send questions for an audience Q&A session during the panel, whether you will be attending a meetup in person or joining in online.
Get to know other people in the digital inclusion arena and provide your input into what you think your Alliance should be working toward.
How to participate
Register online via Eventbrite to join other ADIA participants and come along to see the live-streamed panel and network locally
Confirmed Meetup Locations
- Australian Library and Information Association, ALIA House, 9-11 Napier Close, Deakin, Canberra, ACT, 2600
- Blacktown City Libraries, Max Webber Library, Function Centre, 1st Floor, Cnr Fluscombe Rd & Alpha St entry via Alpha St, Blacktown, Sydney, NSW, 2148
- Charles Sturt University, Wangaratta Regional Study Centre, 218 Tone Rd, Wangaratta, VIC 3677
- City of Greater Geelong, Level 2 Meeting Room, Geelong Library and Heritage Centre, 51 Little Malop St, Geelong, VIC, 3220
- State Library of Western Australia, Geographe Room, 25 Francis Street, Perth, WA, 6000
- Yarra Libraries, Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library, 182-186 St Georges Road North Fitzroy, Melbourne, VIC, 3068
- Centre for Inclusive Design, Meeting Room 1, Hudson APAC, 20 Bond Street, Sydey, NSW, 2000
Australian Digital Inclusion Alliance Coordinator
email@example.com/ 0498 387 374
Australian Digital Inclusion Alliance
https://digitalinclusion.org.au/ 03 9418 7431 @AuDigiInclusion #DigitalInclusionAu
Australian Digital Inclusion Index